Saturday, September 27, 2014

Week 3

This week wasn't nearly as bad as the previous. I think I'm starting to get a better feel for this class and the concepts that are taught. I really enjoyed learning about the truth tables, maybe because they were easy to understand, but also because they made a lot of other things easier to understand. If I am ever confused about a statement, I will be pulling out my truth table.

The last lecture of the week hosted the paper folding experiment. It sounded very simple when Prof. Heap was explaining it, but once my group and I tried it, I could see it was going to be more complicated. However, I quickly noticed that due to the way the paper is being folded each time, there must be some kind of anti-symmetry thing going on, and that thought boosted us through the rest of the assignment. I enjoyed trying to draw out the folds, each with a 90 degree angle, to see what shape it would make. Everything just made sense after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment